Last Updated: May 20, 2018
A. What Information does this Policy Apply to?
This Policy applies to information we collect:
This Policy does not apply to information obtained independently by In-Depth AI offline or from another source, and does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
B. What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit the Site or use the In-Depth AI Service, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis, and use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the Site. In-Depth AI collects several types of information from and about users of the Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your employer or field of work; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to connect to access the Site and usage details.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide Registration Information
You must provide us information about yourself when you register to be a user of www.in-depth.co, register for certain services, post material or register for email newsletters and alerts. We may combine information you provide with information from third party sources to improve your experience with our Site and Service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You can use the "My Account" section to learn more about the information associated with your account. You may also provide additional comments on how you see www.in-depth.co servicing your needs and interests.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, or any other method of communication we may retain the content of your email messages or communications together with your email address or other contact information and our responses. If you choose to sign up for an email newsletter, we will send the newsletter to the email address you register with us. If you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter, you may do so by using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter. If you choose to communicate via SMS through one of our services that offers SMS technology, we may retain the content of the message together with the phone number and wireless carrier, as well as the date and time the message was received or sent.
If you use any mobile application in connection with the In-Depth AI Service, we may receive information about your actual location, or information that can be used to approximate your location, including GPS signals sent by your mobile device and your mobile identification.
2. Website Use Information
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Similar to other commercial websites, the Site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and Web server logs to collect information about how the Site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Site, and the websites visited just before and just after our Site. We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small pieces of code called "web beacons" or "clear gifs" that permit In-Depth AI to determine, among other things, which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie website use information to personal information that you have provided or that we otherwise have collected. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See the California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
What Are Cookies?
C. How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
D. Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and develop further the Site and In-Depth AI Services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some of all of In-Depth AI's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by In-Depth AI about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us your email address and the email address of a colleague to subscribe the colleague to the Site's features, we may transmit your email address to the colleague.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
E. How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service, making available other products and services to our users and prospective customers, to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the personal information. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
F. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to all of our data. This includes internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, as well as an assessment of our encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to a limited number of our employees, partners and agents. These individuals and entities are bound by confidentiality agreements and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet any obligations required under their agreement with us. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You must maintain the security of your email accounts used to access the Site, and any other credentials you may use to access the site. Any information you share in public areas of the Site may be viewed by any other user of the Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
G. How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
When you use our Site, we make every effort to provide you with access to your personal information and will correct this data if it is inaccurate or delete it at your request provided to email@example.com if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You can review and change portions of your personal information by logging onto the Site and visiting your "My Info" page on your account "Dashboard." We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
H. Data Retention
We retain the personal information you provide while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you services. We may retain your personal information even after you have closed your account if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes between Members, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Policy and the Site's Terms and Conditions. We may retain personal information, for a limited period of time, if requested by law enforcement. Our customer service department may retain information for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
I. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
J. Certain Disclosures
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with any court order or legal process served on us or Affiliated Parties, including any response necessary to comply with any government or regulatory request or investigation; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, the Site, the users of the Site, and/or our Affiliated Parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of the Site, us, or third parties; or (d) or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (ii) enforce the Site's Terms and Conditions, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, or protect the security or integrity of our Service; or (iii) exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of In-Depth AI, our users, personnel, or others.
L. California's Shine The Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the 'Shine The Light' law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
M. California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
A Do Not Track (DNT) standard has not been adopted to this day, and therefore In-Depth AI does not use DNT signals. In-Depth AI does not authorize the collection of Personal Identifiable Information (PII) from our members on In-Depth AI for third party use through advertising technologies without separate member consent.
- 1. What is DNT? DNT is the concept that has been promoted by regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- 2. What is a DNT signal? Currently, various browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a DNT option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header that sends a signal to websites visited by the browser user about the user's DNT preference. You can usually access your browser's DNT option in your browser's preferences.
- 3. Is there a DNT technology standard? The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. While some progress has been made on this issue, it has been slow, and to date no standard has been adopted. Without an industry standard for DNT, users cannot know how any given company abides by a DNT signal they receive from browser headers. In-Depth AI is committed to remaining apprised of the W3C efforts to develop a DNT standard.
- 4. How does In-Depth AI respond to the signal? In-Depth AI takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our members first in all aspects of our business. With regard to DNT, In-Depth AI currently does not respond to DNT signals in browsers because no DNT standard has been adopted, as noted above.
- 5. Does In-Depth AI share members' personally identifiable information with third parties (like advertisers and ad networks)? In-Depth AI is, inherently, a public place, and there is a lot of PII on In-Depth AI that is viewable by any visitor. In other words, third parties can find out about you from the info you share on In-Depth AI Services. In the DNT context, however, In-Depth AI does not authorize the collection of PII from In-Depth AI's users through advertising technologies deployed in ads that may appear on In-Depth AI without separate consent.
N. What About Other Websites Linked to Our Site?
O. Transfer of Data
We process personal information on leased dedicated servers located in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information outside your own country. If you use the In-Depth AI Service from outside the United States and provide personal information to us, your personal information may be transferred to the United States. If you use the In-Depth AI Service from within the United States and provide personal information to us, your personal information may be transferred out of the United States. Through your use of our Service, you consent to such transfer and to the use of the information between countries.
P. Your Consent
COPYRIGHT 2013-2021 In-Depth AI, Inc. All Rights Reserved.